Winter Shipping Policy
BC Adhesives recommended best practices for ordering liquid glue during the winter season November – April
To minimize the risk of product failure due to freezable conditions:
- Place purchase orders to ship early in the week so that product is not in transit over weekends.
- Remember, a carrier can and will embargo (refuse to make pickups and deliveries) if they feel it is too cold to transport product. If an embargo does occur, BC Adhesives will contact you for alternate shipping instructions on shipments paid by the customer, so please give yourself plenty of lead time. If BC Adhesives is paying the freight, BC Adhesives Logistics will find an alternate option.
- Please be advised that the delivering trailer on LTL shipments can be a non-heated trailer, due to this being a local same day delivery from the carrier terminal. These shipments will move through the LTL networks on heated LTL trailers before arriving at the delivering terminal. Products should not be refused just because the driver arrives without a heated trailer. Further inspection needs to be made to confirm the condition of the freezable shipment before refusing just because the LTL carrier does not arrive with a heated trailer at the time of delivery.
Please be sure to inspect all material upon delivery. The BC Adhesives BOL should be clearly marked as freezable when applicable.
- Once freezable material arrives to the customer location, the below process should be followed in this order:
- Material to be visibly inspected. If signs of freeze damage, further testing by the customer should be conducted.
- If further testing is not available, the customer should accept the material, note the damage on the BOL, and contact BC Adhesives.
- Within 48 hours of the delivery date, the customer should complete the further testing. If product is deemed frozen, contact your BC Adhesives CSR to initiate the return. Replacement product will be sent ASAP and pick up of frozen material will be scheduled.